Translate

Friday, March 29, 2013

GOOD FRIDAY AND CHRIST THE BRIDEGROOM!

This, my brothers and sisters is the traditional image of Christ the Bridegroom of the Church and yes, it is from the Passion of our Lord on Good Friday, prior to His glorious resurrection. Does this image of Christ the Bridegroom discomfort you?


And here the perversion of Christ the Bridegroom into "Christa." This actually hung in the Episcopal Cathedral of Saint John the Divine in upper Manhattan in the 1970's. This was when women in the Episcopal Church were screaming for ordination to the priesthood. When the Bridegroom is perverted sacramentally or otherwise so is marriage:


A prayer to save the Church from heresy and blasphemy which is the Fatima prayer, a devotion and private revelation which Pope Francis takes very seriously:

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! As of tomorrow night I will finally be a joyous Catholic of the Diocese of Savannah (Valdosta) and no longer a "former Episcopalian." I used to think they couldn't come up with anything else to shock me and then they always did. Now it just deeply saddens me.

Gene said...

Fr. would not print my comment...LOL!

rcg said...

That crucifix is disturbing and obscene.

Gene said...

Well, thanks for the mammaries...LOL!

WSquared said...

rcg, I'm not even going to dignify whatever it is by even calling it a Crucifix.

Precisely because it is as obscene and revolting as all that.