Translate

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

SAINT PAUL IS SUCH AN UNREALISTIC, RIGID, DOCTOR OF THE LAW, PHARISEE--HE NEEDS TO GET WITH POPE FRANCIS' VARIOUS SHADES OF GRAY THEOLOGY!!!!!!

And on top of that, there was no horse associated with Crazy Saint Paul the Perfects' conversion! 



Just who does St. Paul think he is? Today's epistle reading from his letter to the Galatians won't create a very inclusive Church.  He doesn't lift a finger to embrace the sins he condemns.

What advice would you give St. Paul to soften his stand on these things and not make "snowflakes" feel bad about their orientation to sin in these ways? Should these things even be called sins. Wouldn't "less than idea"l be better? But even that sounds harsh! St. Paul's teachings on the works of the flesh are just too hard and no one is perfect not even in heaven!

Brothers and sisters:
If you are guided by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are obvious:

immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry,

sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy,

outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness,

dissensions, factions, occasions of envy,

drinking bouts, orgies, and the like.

I warn you, as I warned you before,

that those who do such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

In contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
patience, kindness, generosity,
faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
 

Against such there is no law.
 

Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their flesh
with its passions and desires.
 

If we live in the Spirit, let us also follow the Spirit.

1 comment:

Panama Mike said...

I am not a liberal snowflake.
My feelings aren't fragile.
My heart is not bleeding.
I am a badass believer in human rights, as is the Catholic Church.
My toughness is in tenderness.
My strength is in the service of others.
There is nothing more fierce than formidable, unconditional love.
There is not a thing more courageous than compassion.
But if my belief in equity, empathy, goodness, and love indeed makes me or people like me snowflakes, then you should know -
winter is coming.