Below this post I have the video of the splendid Latin/Greek Holy Sacrifice of the Mass Canonization Liturgy.
Can it be a model for authentic Ordinary Form Masses throughout the world?
YES, YES, YES, YES AND YES!
Of course I am not speaking about Pontifical Ordinary Form Masses with loads of popes, bishops and priest, but your ordinary parish throughout the world.
What could every parish try to accomplish with this Mass as the template?
1. Chant the Latin propers of the Mass which does not mean excluding additional hymns and anthems in the vernacular.
2. Celebrate the Mass in a formal way as it was done at this canonization
3. Chant the parts of the Mass in Latin using the traditional settings.
4. Use bells and smells, tons of servers and have them choreographed and well rehearsed.
5. Use the "Benedictine" altar arrangement that Pope Francis' continued, thanks be to God for small favors!
But you don't have to sacrifice lay participation in the formal ministries of the Mass.
1. Lay lectors well rehearsed
2. Laity bringing the offerings to the celebrant
3. Laity in the choir and as cantors
And all five in the Ordinary Form can be either gender, just well rehearsed and wearing Sunday best please.
Just doing this would reach our youth and tell them that this is no ordinary, casual, non important ritual. It is the Sacrifice of the Mass with the Church Triumphant, Church Militant and Church Suffering present in a glorious, mystical way! How good is that!