Translate

Friday, January 13, 2023

ON THE LIGHTER SIDE, OR IS IT THE FAT SIDE OR IS IT THE LEAN SIDE, WHATEVER, LET’S LIVE HUMOROUSLY IN SUCH TIMES

 I do my grocery shopping at a grocery store within walking distance of where I live. It is on Hilton Head Island, in the Coligny Plaza and its name is PIGGLY WIGGLY! 

As you can see, aisle 10 has everything I need!




And then there is this in North Florida, just across the Georgia border. And yes, it too has everything I need!


I love living in the South!

3 comments:

ByzRus said...

The Piggly Wiggly looks like it provides a great shopping experience while addressing cleanliness.

Sophia said...

Sophia here: Hi Father. I have told you this before, but it does bear repeating periodically. You should definitely launch a new part time career (no need to give up all the rejuvenation time you have earned by retiring from administrative duties) in stand up comedy! In the meantime, I hope I have something akin to "professional courtesy" when I take full advantage of your wit to laugh myself into health maintenance! If you are actually billing me, I will be broke within a few years!

Fr. Michael J. Kavanaugh said...

The Pig. Indeed one of those "Southern" charms.

In college the small bank in Belmont, NC, closed at noon on Wednesdays. In those days, I guess the workers needed a block of time to get paperwork done without interruption. Our northern classmates were a bit befuddled. Apparently that was not a common practice "up north."

So we decided to tell them that the banks closed at noon on Wednesdays to honor the time and day of the week that General Lee surrendered at Appomattox...