Translate

Monday, November 3, 2014

UPDATE ON SAINT JOSEPH ALTAR RALING RESTORATION: DELAYS, DELAYS, DELAYS

The problem seems to be with the fabrication of the altar railing in Atlanta. It is a more complicated process to take a pillar of marble and turn it into a piece of art than what was anticipated. But after delay after delay after delay, I am now told that what should have been installed in July, then in September, then by our glorious Requiem on Sunday, November 2nd will be installed by the end of the month in time for us to bless it at our Extraordinary Form High Mass the First Sunday in December which will be the Second Sunday of Advent. I won't hold my breath though!

This is how the railing looked around 1903. It will be identical in style but instead of being on the third step to the sanctuary it will be on the first step. I can't wait!
I hope you noticed what this postcard from the first decade of the 20th Century calls St.Joseph! Of course I knew this all along!

5 comments:

Rood Screen said...

The problem with Atlanta is that the city is overrun with zombies at the moment.

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

Yes! That must explain it!

Anonymous said...

"I hope you noticed what this postcard from the first decade of the 20th Century calls St.Joseph! Of course I knew this all along!"

Sorry, I don't see what you are referring to.

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

It says we are a CATHEDRAL!

Anonymous said...

Christmas is coming, where's my railing at?

We need it for our next requiescat!

If you haven't got a railing, then on the tongue will do.

If you cannot have it on the tongue, then God Bless You!