Translate

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WHAT EVIL LURKS IN THE HEARTS OF MEN AND WOMEN: TEMPTING GOD!

When I read stories like this, I want to stop the planet and get off. This is sad. Instead of excoriating her, please pray for her and her salvation! This story turns my stomach!

Woman Films Her Own Abortion To Show World How ‘Cool’ It Is

Reporter
Emily Letts, a counselor at a New Jersey abortion clinic, decided to film her own abortion and post it on YouTube as a form of positive inspiration to women who are contemplating having the procedure but worry that they might feel guilty afterward.

Letts has no such guilt. She recalls the procedure with fondness. She even describes it as “birth-like,” and said it made her feel good, just like giving birth would.

Letts, whose job involves encouraging women to have abortions, sees her own abortion as an entirely positive experience, and hopes the video will prove to be both instructional and morally persuasive. She feels better about herself every time she watches the video, according to Cosmopolitan.

“Still, every time I watch the video, I love it,” she wrote. “I love how positive it is. I think that there are just no positive abortion stories on video for everyone to see. But mine is.”

The disturbing video has been viewed 10,000 times on YouTube. During the three-minute procedure, she repeatedly tells herself how lucky she is. She also hums to herself.

After the abortion is over, she says, “Cool. I feel good.”

Letts writes that having an abortion and giving birth produce similarly happy feelings. Despite aborting her child, she kept the sonogram.

“I remember breathing and humming through it like I was giving birth,” she wrote. “I know that sounds weird, but to me, this was as birth-like as it could be. It will always be a special memory for me. I still have my sonogram, and if my apartment were to catch fire, it would be the first thing I’d grab.”

The response has been overwhelmingly negative. The video was downvoted more than 300 times, and received only 100 likes.

Still, she is hopeful the video will inspire women who have had abortions–or want to have abortions–to let go of their guilt. Letts certainly has none.

She does feel a little bad about getting pregnant in the first place, though.

“I do feel a little irresponsible and embarrassed about not using birth control,” she wrote. “I mean, Emily, wake up! What are you doing? I was going against the advice I give to patients all the time. So I had them put an IUD in after the abortion. I was able to learn and move forward. And I am grateful that I can share my story and inspire other women to stop the guilt.”

Think Progress hailed Letts for filming her abortion and putting a positive spin on it.
“For instance, Letts’ story helps demonstrate the fact that abortion isn’t a barbaric procedure that needs additional regulation in order to make it safer,” wrote ThinkProgress.

9 comments:

Carol H. said...

Kyrie eleison.

fadfd said...

For parents who have lost a child to abortion and whose hearts are closed to the mercy of God,that they might know the grace of repentance,confession and the healing embrace of the Father; we pray to the Lord:

Anonymous said...

Who are you to judge?

Gene said...

Indeed, so. We need to deal with this pastorally and not be a bunch of obsessive bead counters. We are far to hung up on doctrine...

Desiree said...

Wow. I am just amazed at how happy she is about the abortion. I can't believe she compared killing her baby to giving birth. I'm also amazed that she chooses to save the sonogram over her actual baby. I wonder if she was getting paid to act like that. I pray that she comes to understand what her "choice" really was. Abortion is not a happy action.

John said...

@ Gene and Anonymous 6:42pm

I think I understand what you mean, but let's clarify.

People's souls are at risk. A pastoral approach, i.e., soul saving approach, is to lobby an expectant mother to preserve the life of her child by offering ongoing practical, emotional and prayerful support. Those "obsessive bead counters" of which you speak are usually the only ones on the front lines offering help to women in crisis and who save babies. I've found that, most often, it's the people "hung up on doctrine", i.e., hung up on the teaching that life is sacred and not ours to take, who are the folk who habitually place their own lives and resources in generous service to others.

The doctrine of Jesus Christ inspires people to put their prayers and pocketbooks in service to mothers and their unborn children. It's far too easy for those less formed by God's Word and Christ's Church's teaching to conveniently excuse themselves while wrongly judging others for being judgmental when, in fact, right judgment requires both mercy and counsel of the ignorant. The love-in-action offered by "bead counters" trumps sophistry any and every day.

Elizabeth's prayer, then, is a valid appeal on behalf of those who willingly/knowingly/deliberately choose death and who remain obstinate. Catholics have the obligation to pray that God's mercy may extend to those who have not shown mercy to an unborn baby.

Yes—especially for the mother, mercy first. Then counsel to hopefully inspire the contrition that leads to reconciliation with God. If we do not attempt to counsel the ignorant and provide right judgment, then we fail in our christian responsibility to share the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ to others most in need of His mercy.

Rood Screen said...

What the devil are Anonymous and Gene trying to say?

Gene said...

People, It was sarcasm…I was using phrases the Pope has used to point out that I do not agree with his "pastoral" approach philosophy or his fast and loose statements regarding a number of things. Sarcasm…get it…it is to laugh. The ability to think abstractly is good…try it sometime.

Desiree said...

Haha, Gene!
Anyone who's read or heard even one of your views should know better.

Other people are thinking this lady is an actress or else someone wanting attention. I found that out after I said I wonder if she got paid.
Either way, it's always creepier when evil smiles.