Translate

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

MAY I VENT FOR A SECOND?

I had a dentist's appointment in midtown Savannah today at 11 am. I was on the Truman Parkway, an expressway to downtown Savannah, when much to my dismay, the traffic and there was a lot of it, came to a standstill and no traffic was coming from the opposite side. I presumed it was a terrible accident and said a prayer for any would-be victims.

The Sheriff's department was directing all the traffic off the expressway onto a secondary street. Of course this took a great deal of time and the driver in front of me did not want to let the traffic in the other lane get in front of him as they had to, to exit properly, so there were a lot of birds being shot at these people by him and I thought he might get shot. But I digress.

Finally when I get to the red light at the end of the exit, I SEE THIS:


WHAT YOU SEE IS A 1940'S CAR WITH A CAR BEHIND IT WITH A BIG RIG ON IT WHICH IS A MOVIE CAMERA!

THEY WERE FILMING A MOVIE AND CLOSED DOWN THE DANG EXPRESSWAY ON BOTH SIDES TO SHOOT IT!!!!!!

NEEDLESS TO SAY, I WAS LATE FOR MY DENTAL APPOINTMENT, BUT THEY STILL CLEANED BY TEETH ONCE I GOT THERE.

8 comments:

TJM said...

Well Savannah is a popular place! Does Hard Hearted Hannah still live there?

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

Oh, yes, but today there are many vamps from Savannah.

rcg said...

Following that guy in front sounds like you were being a Tail ‘Gator.

Fr. Michael J. Kavanaugh said...

AH! I saw that older Ford - I think it is a Ford - as I was coming back to the parish this morning. I thought that had been an old car show somewhere...

Anonymous said...

Abercorn, even with all its lights, might have been a better alternative!!! Or 95 to 16...

Father M, you should be grateful not to up here in Atlanta---traffic is far, far worse, even with some expressways as wide as 14 lanes. Atlanta started work on its expressway system 70 years ago---7 years before the Interstate Act of 1956---and of course it remains a work in progress!!

Fr. Michael J. Kavanaugh said...

I have always maintained that Atlanta has its own gravity. The closer you get on the interstates, the faster that gravity pulls you in faster and faster and faster...

Paul McCarthy said...

Father I live in Bloomingdale now and it took an hour this morning to get to work in downtown via I-16. A logging truck had dropped a log and a vehicle hit it causing an accident, which is terrible, but I think back to my two years in Moscow where I worked at the US Embassy and it would often take 2 hours to drive the 7 miles out of the center of the city. It was so bad that all of us drove on their very wide sidewalks and even jumped on their tram tracks and followed the terms down the tracks to get home. We would do that with even the local police doing the same to get around or out of the downtown area. The major cause of the traffic was that even a fender bender would require that no one moved to the Sid elf the road, which meant that everyone behind them was stuck until the police showed up, which could be for hours.

Note during the entire 2 years I never saw any Russian collusion. Though with that said they are a pretty heartless people as I would often see bodies lying in the road after being hit by car and only covered with newspapers as car after car passed by the bodies.

My sister missed her radiation follow-up appointment due to this Truman parkway mess this morning.

God Bless

Gene said...

I hate Atlanta and never go there. If I am going to north Ga., I go 441 thru Athens. If I am going to Chattanooga, I go 441 and back roads until I am well north of Atlanta, then cut over on back roads. Everything that can be wrong with a city is represented by Atlanta. Where is Sherman when we really need him?