Translate

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

I DID NOT FIND THIS OUT UNTIL AFTER THE FUNERAL


On Friday I travelled to New Jersey for a Saturday Requiem for my first Cousin’s wife. It was very beautiful and like a family reunion.

It was at St. Patrick’s Church, Chatham, New Jersey.

As I was orienting myself to the sanctuary and the sacristy behind the altar, I discovered the rectory was also beyond the sacristy. 

When the pastor opened the door from the rectory kitchen to the sacristy, I looked in, surprised that the kitchen was right there. But I had a very unusual, foreboding feeling looking at the kitchen from the sacristy, very uncomfortable and I did not want to venture in!

The next day my cousin told me the story. I remember the national news story at that point and that a gruesome, brutal murder took place in October of 2009 and in that kitchen. Press the title:

Chatham priest murder trial verdict: Feliciano found guilty


1 comment:

TJM said...

That was a gruesome story. I am glad the pastor was vindicated.