Translate

Saturday, November 5, 2022

GOOD GRIEF! ARE YOU LISTENING TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?

 


Pope Francis is calling for a listening Church. Listening is good when we listen to what we are saying and what others are saying.

Sometimes I have said some really stupid things and my mom used to ask, within the context of something stupid I said, “are you listening to what you are saying!”

I have asked that question more frequently recently within the context of our “One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.” ARE YOU LISTENING TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING??? GOOD GRIEF!”

I have been hearing some neo-traditionalists say that Vatican II should be canceled and the modern Mass suppressed as the TLM was. To those who say that Vatican II should be canceled and the Modern Mass, I say, are you listening to what you are saying! And to those who have tried to suppress the TLM since Vatican II until the present day, I say, are you listening to what you are saying?

And to those who advocate for LGBTQ+++ ideological extremism, for non binary beings to be included into Holy Orders; for Holy Communion for non-humans, like those who profess they aren’t human or those who want their pets to be included in the Church and her/its sacramental life or for same sex marriage, polygamy and any combination of animals, mammals or not, marriage, I SAY, ARE YOU LISTENING TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?

I pray that when Pope Francis calls for a listening Church, it means what my mother meant when she said to me, “GOOD GRIEF! ARE YOU LISTENING TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!”

5 comments:

Jerome Merwick said...

The entire idea of a "listening Church" is completely bogus, especially when one closely examines who the leaders of our Church are currently listening to. The Catholic Church is a TEACHING Church. We can't hear the teacher when we are running our mouths off.

I would never DARE to suggest that we should scrap an Ecumenical Council of the Catholic Church. However I WOULD dare to suggest such a thing when it is a matter of historical record that such a council was subverted, hijacked and manipulated. I WOULD have the chutzpah to make such a suggestion when the ambiguity of such a Council's documents leave so much ambiguity that they have driven a decline in the Church. I WOULD have such audacity when that Council has resulted in a decline of the Church such as we have never seen before in Church history following any other Council. I WOULD be willing to suggest scrapping that Council when partisans of completely overhauling the Church treat it with cult-like veneration, ignoring all else that came before it. Finally, I WOULD be willing to risk making the suggestion of scrapping that Council when, instead of issuing anathemas as all previous councils did, its own document (Lumen Gentium) says, " "Taking conciliar custom into consideration and also the pastoral purpose of the present Council, the sacred Council defines as binding on the Church only those things in matters of faith and morals which it shall openly declare to be binding." Yes, I've listened to what I was saying. I did not arrive at this conclusion lightly either.

I would NEVER have the audacity to suggest suppressing the Novus Ordo either had I not become aware as I grew older that this Mass is NOT the Mass described in Sacrosanctum Concilium, that is was concocted by a disgraced bishop who was almost certainly a Freemason, that it was composed using the suggestion of several Protestant ministers and it has helped engineer the greatest decline in Catholic practice and belief in Church history.
Yes, I've listened to myself and others who have made these same observations and I did not reach my conclusions lightly. To those who insist that we continue to worship the Council and continue the failed path of liturgical chaos, I say, "Good Grief, ARE YOU LISTENING TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?"

And if you've attended a typical parish's Novus Ordo Mass lately, I must say, "GOOD GRIEF, HOW MUCH LONGER MUST WE CONTINUE TO LISTEN TO THIS?"

TJM said...

The Church now listens to perverts and apostates while crushing faithful Catholics. For one’s mental health it is better to tune this “papacy” out

KC said...

Well said, Jerome. I've read none of the documents but have witnessed and in fact live in their wreckage.

John said...

Jerome you summed it up well. Nevertheless, the listening wii be going on until the Jesuits hear only their own thoughts.

TJM said...

I am still waiting for Clueless Cleric and Captain Sanctimony to weigh in, for the laughs.