Translate

Thursday, May 26, 2022

I WANT TO DEVELOP A NEW LIBERATION THEOLOGY AND FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

 


You may or may not know that my rectory is in a nice neighborhood (with a community pool, btw) and is eight miles from the church.

I usually go home for lunch. I'm Italian and need my riposo, although I don't drink wine for lunch, but would like to do so. I will wait for retirement on that. 

But today, I walked out of the rectory to drive back to the church and forgot my phone. On the way, when I realized it, I had a bit of a panic attack and then reminded myself of this: Self, I said, you never carried a damn phone with you everywhere you went from about 1953 to about 1995. And you survived. And for the entire time you lived with your parents, self, you did not have an answering machine either, so chill out and enjoy being liberated from the cell phone!" And I did!

It has changed my life going back to the way I was up until about 1995! Liberation, I say!

1 comment:

TJM said...

Good luck, Father, it is hard to cut the cord, but I wish you every success in that endeavor!