Translate

Thursday, May 26, 2022

I AM NOT SURE WHAT I THINK ABOUT THIS BUT THE OUTCOME IS STUNNING; I HOPE THEIR LITURGY IS TOO

 The relationship of the freestanding altar to the reredos is done perfectly and there are not two altars but a single unit although the altar is detached and freestanding. That’s the way to do it!


This video shows stunning new reredos placed into a church. Three to be exact. The reveal is amazing; but it seems to me to be too theatrical and not necessarily prayerful. But maybe it doesn’t need to be prayerful or even liturgical. 

It is a wow moment though. What do you think? First, about the reredos and secondly about the reveal? Is it too secular? This kind of reveal is done at beatifications in Rome when covered portraits are uncovered. 

View the video HERE.

5 comments:

TJM said...

Father McDonald,

The video is not opening for me.

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

It opened for me. It is a link to a facebook post. That might be the problem if you are linked to facebook?

TJM said...

Thanks, Father. I don’t do Facebook

ByzRus said...

I like it and I loved the curtains dropping. Reminds me of my grandmother's church. They could effectively veil everything between the end of the liturgy on Good Friday and the Gloria at the Easter Vigil. Well done. Small nit: not crazy about the monitors but, these at least aren't as obtrusive as some.

William said...

I don't do Facebook.