Translate

Friday, September 23, 2022

KOOL KOINCIDENCE!

 Small world and no coincidence? I just came back from the Piggly Wiggly and as I drove to my condo, I noticed someone had taken my parking spot, although there are no assigned parking places here. So I parked next to him and as I got out of the car, a woman came from behind and yelled “Father Allan!” It is the Lubbeck’s from Augusta and my former parishioners at Most Holy Trinity there. Micky was one of our cantors! The second photo are of them and me as I baptized one of their children, not sure which one, but that child is now in his/her mid 20’s! They have rented a unit here for a couple of days! And yes I go grocery shopping at the Piggly Wiggly wearing a t-shirt, bathing suit and cap. Doesn’t get any better than that!




2 comments:

Dave Thoman said...

Father Allan, Awesome that you were able to connect with the Lubecks. We met the Lubecks in a small faith-sharing group that formed at Most Holy Trinity while you were pastor here. Our group met for a half-dozen years or so and resulted in a close, lasting relationship with Chuck and Mickey, which has been a blessing to Wendy and me over the last 20+ years. Speaking of being blessed, I sure feel that way being married to that beautiful woman shown as the Godmother on the far right in the baptism photograph!

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

Yes indeed I noticed Wendy! God bless you both!