Translate

Saturday, September 17, 2022

I WAS AN ILLEGAL ALIEN CRASHING THE AUGUSTA NATIONAL!


The day I crashed the Augusta National! My dad had friends from Detroit visit us gand I took them on a tour of Augusta. I drove down Washington Road, made a right on Magnolia Lane, the guard waved me through and the rest is illegal history or maybe the guard didn’t see me go through? We got on and gave ourselves a walking tour. They took this pic!


 I loved my 1970 Chevy Nova with its exterior sports package and gorilla grunt green as one of my coworkers at the DQ called it! I paid cash from my DQ SAVINGS at 16 years old. $2,400 brand new. It was automatic but no air, power brakes or steering, am radio but not push button! Basic vinyl seats and floor covering. But it had Faux mag wheels, really cool and a pinstripe! That was most important!

5 comments:

rcg said...

So how is the gas mileage on the new/old car doing?

Fr. Michael J. Kavanaugh said...

Long ago and far away, I was driving a white Rolls-Royce in Augusta with my sister and brother-in-law and my uncle, a Marist brother, as passengers. (Long story short: The car was a premium loaned, for a year, to my brother-in-law's boss who did not like it. He preferred his Jaguar. So, the boss let others in the company use the Rolls. My brother-in-law took his secretary to the Krystal drive-thru for lunch a few times.)

As we were tooling down Washington Road, I thought, "I bet the guard will just wave me throught the gates at The National if I drive up in this!"

Didn't try it though...

TJM said...

Hey, Mark Thomas is not the only one living in fanatasyland. Here is a good one from his Golden Calf:

"Pope Francis has rejected the label “undemocratic” to describe China’s communist regime, insisting that the issue is too complex to allow for such characterizations.

“I cannot get on board with calling China undemocratic; I won’t do that because it’s such a complex country,” the pontiff told journalists during his return trip from Kazakhstan to Rome Thursday. “Sure, there are things that seem undemocratic to us, that is true.”

“Labeling is difficult and I’m not ready to do that, since they are impressions, so instead I try to support the path of dialogue,” he declared."

V for Vendee said...

My parents owned a blue 71 Nova that was passed on to my sister in the late 70s then my brother in the 80s. It was blue with an off white pleather interior.

John said...

The path of dialogue is the way to distruction. Ostpolitik redux. The method of this madness makes the diplomats comfortable while the faithful, the Chinese Catholics, endure suffering in anonymity.