Translate

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BRAND NEW, YOUNG AND ENERGETIC BISHOP STEPHEN DOUGLAS PARKES!

 Can you pick me out??????



This is Bishop Wach of Pensacola-Tallahassee who sat next to me at the 10 AM Brunch at Savannah’s Desoto Hotel.

Two brothers:


I don’t think this occurs in many Dioceses. Our new Metropolitan Archbishop Gregory Hartmayer is our former bishop and the ordaining Bishop for our new bishop. Bishop J. Kevin Boland is our Emeritus Bishop. I was the Master of Ceremonies for his ordination in 1995. This will be a historic photo:



We had a glorious celebration for the ordination of our new bishop today at Savannah’s Cathedral Basilica. It was splendid, the music and chanting of the propers spectacular. It was just wonderful and we are off to a wonderful start with our new bishop, who has Bishop-Elect has visited so many of our parishes   In just a short month. 

Here are some things that tickled me pink and maybe you too:

1. Under his chasuble, Bishop Parkes wore the deacon’s dalmatic. I wonder if I was the only one to notice it?

2. On Sunday, October 11th, Bishop Parkes will celebrate St. Anne’s 10:30 AM Mass (that’s my parish folks).

3. And this bombshell, yes it is for our diocese: On All Saint’s Day, yours truly will be the celebrant for the Cathedral Basilica’s 1 PM Extraordinary Form Missa Cantata. But here’s the bombshell, but don’t tell anyone, it’s just between you and me, Bishop Parkes will  preside at this EF All Saints Solemn Mass coram episcopo. He will also preach!!!!!!!!! (Subject to change).

Don’t tell anyone. 

6 comments:

Carol H. said...

Thank you for the wonderful news, Father. It appears that our new Bishop is not afraid of the EF! Deo gratias!

ByzRus said...

Axios!

Anonymous said...

Bee here:

Oh Fr. McD, I'm SO SORRY!!! I told my cat, who is lying here next to my computer, before I read your command not to tell anybody!

Well, I'll swear him to secrecy too... :-)

God bless (and that is wonderful news!)
Bee

rcg said...

I went back and un-read it, twice, just to be sure.

Feline Warrior said...

I had already guessed Bee was a cat lover as from my experience most bitter and twisted spinsters usually are!

Pierre said...

Father McDonald,

Why is Feline Warrior (K) uncharitable comment not deleted? This one is so bad, he ought to be banned from this website, per omnia saecula saeculorum