Translate

Monday, August 29, 2022

WHAT I DISCOVERED IN THE FOG OF MY NETFLIX ADDICTION AND BINGE WATCHING

 As you know, I have never had a streaming service to enhance my television watching. And apart from Wheel of Fortune, some Turner Movie Classic movies and Fox and Friends, I had/have no favorite shows. But Netflix has changed all of that and yes, I need Streaming Services Anonymous to assist me to break the vicious cycle of binging when my retirement weather isn’t good and it rains constantly. 

As you know I binged on Ozark. I particularly like Jason Bateman who stars in it. 

After binge watching that entire series, I am now binge watching Arrested Development, staring Jason Bateman. 

The only actor in common with the two shows is Jason, AD filmed long before Ozark. 

However, they are the same shows! One is a dry comedy, my favorite and the other, a show about family life, Ozark, is a dark, dark, dark crime show about Jason’s money laundering and working for a cartel family.

Exactly the same, except one makes you laugh and the other cringe. The cringeworthy one, though, does throw in some very dry humor, but you have to like dry humor to know it when you see and hear it. I do!

And the one that makes you laugh, really makes you laugh, especially if you like dry humor…




2 comments:

James E Dangerfield said...

Fox and Friends? Really? Why not watch “rasslin’”? It’s equally informative. No wonder the truth matters less than clinging to “power” by a liar. Jesus Himself told you how to identify the Devil. Did Fox and Friends tell you not to worry about that? Did they tell you that God Made Man lied?

Mark said...

James:

Even Fox and Friends and the rest of the Murdoch Empire may be seeing the writing on the wall, long overdue though this may be:

https://www.businessinsider.com/steve-doocy-calls-out-donald-trump-over-top-secret-files-2022-9