Translate

Sunday, August 14, 2022

GOING BACK IN TIME

 I was in my former parish this weekend  in Macon, St. Joseph’s. I had a great time and had their 9 am Saturday Mass and their 8:30 am Sunday Mass. great to see friends I haven’t seen in six years and was sad to miss those who are no longer with us.

Below is the English lectionary for the 1962 Roman Missal. In the USA the priest would read it in English  at the pulpit after having done so in Latin at the altar. As a child I did not realize he did so in Latin at the altar. I thought it was just read once in English at the pulpit!

Also please note my OCD in the sacristy as it concerns vestments and signs I placed on the cabinets and are still there!










3 comments:

George said...

Glad you could be back with us in Macon for the Kolbe center weekend Father McDonald. I thought the talks you gave on personal conversion Saturday morning in the social hall were quite insightful and thought-provoking. Doing these live presentations one experiences a side of you that doesn't fully manifest itself on the blog. It was an excellent weekend celebrating the Kolbe center and all the great pro-life work it does.


rcg said...

You had a big positive impact on that parish. Someone should hang on to that lectionary, it may be used again.

Sophia said...

Sophia here: I second that George! Thank you so much for coming, Father. It was a real joy to see you again.