Translate

Monday, October 25, 2021

CHILDREN’S HOMILY BUT NOT REALLY, CHILDREN’S MASS, NOT REALLY, NOT CHILDISH; I THINK THIS KIND OF HOMILY AT AN EF MASS WITH “HOARDS” OF CHILDREN WOULD BE APPRECIATED BY THE CHILD REARING HOARDS, NO?

 The Gospel was on Bartimaeus who was born blind and his sight restored by Jesus. Of course we are also experiencing a spiritual healing where Jesus enables him to see Jesus, have the gift of faith that enables him to follow Jesus.

The sunglasses I wear represents the darkness of not knowing Christ, either through no fault of your own, or the “gifts” of the devil or rejecting Christ once we have chosen to follow him. I returned to my normal glasses which are a gift of grace from God that enables us to see Him for the first time, or to be restored to sight when we have been fooled by the devil or chosen to stop following him. My homily in a nutshell.

Our monthly children’s Mass with homily while geared to children has plenty for adults present and they appear to be listening more so than usual!

The music is not childish either and this is our Ordinary Form High Mass with incense and all chanted!

Since the homily in the EF Mass, technically isn’t a part of the Mass, it seems to me that I could easily do this at our cathedral’s EF Mass for a more children’s and adult oriented homily, no?










  

No comments: