Translate

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

VATICAN RADIO DID NOT TELL US THE FULL STORY ABOUT POPE BENEDICT'S LETTER!


The Holy Father, emeritus that His Holiness is, had not read what His Holiness made comment.

There is a bit of irony in Pope Benedict's back handed compliment to the reigning pope, His Holiness, Pope Francis.

First Pope Benedict corrects the divisive thought since the reigning Pope assumed the active papacy that Francis is practical in pastoral matters and Benedict an ivory tower theologian concerned only with theory.

Secondly Pope Benedict makes clear the actual differences between the contemplative pope and the active one, is a major breach in style and temperament.

And finally, and most ironically the contemplative pope won't read the 11 short volumes. Kind of delcious no?

Here's the contemplative pope's letter:

Benedictus XVI
Pope Emeritus

Rev. Lord
Mons. Dario Edoardo Viganò
Prefect of the
Secretariat for Communication

Vatican CITY
7 February 2018

Most Reverend Monsignor,

I thank you for your kind letter of 12 January and for the attached gift of the eleven small volumes edited by Roberto Repole.

I applaud this initiative that wants to oppose and react to the foolish prejudice that Pope Francis would be only a practical man devoid of special theological or philosophical formation, while I would be only a theorist of theology that would have understood little of the concrete life of a Christian today.

The small volumes show, rightly, that Pope Francis is a man of profound philosophical and theological formation and therefore help to see the inner continuity between the two pontificates, despite all the differences in style and temperament.

However, I do not feel like writing a short and dense theological page on them because in all my life it has always been clear that I would write and express myself only on books that I had also really read. Unfortunately, even for physical reasons, I am not able to read the eleven volumes in the near future, all the more so because I am already waiting for other commitments.

I am sure he will have understanding and I greet him cordially.

His,

Benedict XVI

1 comment:

Adam Michael said...

"Contemplative Pope" and "Active Pope" - is there no innovation we won't accept?