Translate

Saturday, March 3, 2018

POPE BENEDICT BROUGHT GREATER UNITY AND PEACE TO THE CHURCH; THIS IS ALL BEING REVERSED BY POPE FRANCIS

There are so many concerns about the pontificate of Pope Francis being raised by rank and file lay Catholics. I had concerns raised by my parishioners in Macon on day one and many in my new parish have raised their concerns.

All of them, and I include myself, want to give Pope Francis the benefit of the the doubt because all of us are pro-papacy and tend to be ultramontane. So it is disconcerting that the Church after a period of increasing peace and identity with the pontificates of St. John Paul II and Pope Benedict is being returned to the chaos of the 1970's by Pope Francis and many of his minions.

Go to minute 23 for another layman's discomfort:


5 comments:

Victor said...

"...want to give Pope Francis the benefit of the the doubt..."
Sadly, you reach the point when you cannot do that anymore, and stop taking him seriously and just pray for better times in the Church.

Carol H. said...

I bought the Kindle edition of "Lost Shepherd" last week when I saw this air on EWTN. I haven't read it yet, but the author's experience appears to match mine.

I'm afraid that now, when I pray the Rosary, instead of praying for the Pope's intention on the 1st Our Father, I now pray for the Pope and the strengthening of his Guardian Angel. We are in a spiritual battle, and the confusion sown by this Pope is enabling evil to run amok within the Church. I pray that the Holy Spirit enlighten PF's soul, and open his eyes to the damage his "mess" is making. I also pray that he be given the humility and courage necessary to stand for the true teachings of the Church, and admit that he was wrong for trying to change them.

I know that many think that this is a lost cause, but I know that with God, all things are possible. If we want to fight evil, we must pray.

John Nolan said...

The majority of those Catholics who still attend Mass do not read the Catholic press, do not visit Catholic websites, cheerfully put up with the most appalling liturgical deformations, have little idea of what the Church actually teaches and would probably reject it if they did, and think Francis is the bees knees, faux-humility and all.

Anonymous said...


Absolutely agree with your post, Fr McDonald. Prayer holds the solution. I see that Philip Lawler of Catholic World News is calling for there to be an intervention saying that Francis is misleading his flock. First it was only the traditionalists and now the conservatists are seeing things as they really are and even the ordinary lay person in the pews is disturbed by this papacy.

Jan

Rood Screen said...

What ever happened to that "correction" Burke said he would offer? Are there just not enough serious cardinals left to help him? Or, did Francis secretly promise Burke to retire this year?