Translate

Friday, October 18, 2013

I AM IN LIVORNO CELEBRATING MY MOTHER'S BIRTHDAY, SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN 94 TODAY

My mother died on September 18, 2012, a month shy of her 93rd birthday. She along with us moved from Italy to Georgia in 1956. She would have been 36 at the time. I took the photos last night at dusk. Being here has been very emotional for me. My mother was baptized in the cathedral here which is around the corner from where I am staying. It survived WWII air raids and bombings which destroyed much of the city including where my mother lived with her family. A shell penetrated the roof of the Cathedral but did not explode. Enjoy the fotos and my meal last night!

Two of the pics are from yesterday's private tour of the Vatican Gardens. It is Pope Benedict's house. He lives on the top floor.

I don't in what random these will come out, but the one with the baby is me here in Italy, the two of my mom when she is older are nine months before her death and the one in bed with her characteristic, "don't you dare" pose is two days before her death:




















5 comments:

rcg said...

Happy memories for you. You have been a god son.

Anonymous said...

Don't let Pope Francis see these pictures! He will call you in for a meeting and talk about the poor, the poor, the poor. You are enjoying life instead of wearing sweatpants and giving out phone cards in a ghetto.

Anon friend said...

Father, as the Eastern Rite chants for the deceased, "May her memory be eternal"!

Православный физик said...

Eternal memory grant unto her O Lord, Kyrie eleison

John Nolan said...

And not just the Eastern Rite. In memoria aeterna erit justus: ab auditione mala non timebit. (Gradual, Requiem Mass).