Translate

Sunday, October 6, 2013

THIS WEEKEND I AM IN TRANI, ITALY

I am visiting former parishioners whom I married Matt and Brandi Frolich who have a three year job contract in Trani,Italy. What a beautiful town that has Knight Templar churches and is on the Adriactic coast between San Giovanni Rotondo and Bari. This city has roots back ti the 9th century and of course they have some fine cuisine, wine and olive oil from this region. We visited a olive press, sampled oil and went to see St. Padre Pio. I have Mass at 11 today with my friends in their parish Church. They are good friends with their pastor Don Francesco who is allowing us to use his lovely church going back to the 14th century.

When I arrived on Friday with a train change in Barletta, a street procession in honor of Saint Francis went in front of the station, it was great! Enjoy the pictures, church is Trani's Cathedral.













3 comments:

Gene said...

My son and his wife visited Trani several years ago on a ten day tour of Italy. They fell in love with the place.

Joseph Johnson said...

Those are amazing pictures of the body of the incorrupt St. Padre Pio!

The town of Trani looks like a nice place to live.

Anonymous said...

Wax mask.