Translate

Thursday, December 23, 2010

WONDER OF WONDERS! I KID YOU NOT!


I just met with a couple whose wedding I will have here on May 28th, 2011 at 1:00 PM. They both live in Texas (going to school there) and the bride's family is here in Macon. Her fiancé became Catholic about 3 years ago. He is from Austin, Texas (his first name is Austin) and they plan to live in Texas. They have done everything properly, being prepared in Texas and having the pre-nuptial file sent to me! I only do the wedding.

But then they asked me about the following:

1. Could the Propers (and they used that term!) be sung in Latin! I said yes!
2. Could I celebrate the Mass ad orientem (and they used that term) and I said yes!
3. They said they still wanted the Novos Ordo (they used that term) and I said but of course!

This younger generation! Wow!

4 comments:

SqueekerLamb said...

a belated birthday present for you!

apparently "All 'the bestest' live in Texas"..a little twist on the song

Paul M. Young said...

God bless them AND whoever taught them the faith!

Gene said...

Praise God! Certainly the right way to begin a marriage. May God bless you as you perform the ceremony.

Anonymous said...

It is the new springtime that JPII was talking about. :0)