Translate

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

CHRISTMAS EVE'S CHILDREN MASS AND PAGEANT

Our "family Mass" was at 6:00 PM Christmas Eve. As a prelude to the Mass, the pageant was acted out by the children in a "Lessons and Carols" format. It was nice. In the past we've done this at the homily time, but this year and for the rest of my life, it will be as a prelude to the Mass. It was quite nice! Fr. Justin Ferguson was the celebrant for the Mass. Dr. Buck Melton took the photos. The angels getting last minute warnings!














4 comments:

Marc said...

Father, I really liked the "Benedictine"-style altar arrangement with candles on the altar. Will that be continuing beyond the Christmas season?

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

Fr. Justin already removed the two candlesticks while I was in surgery. He must have thought I was going to die, but those belong on the Blessed Mother's altar which is behind the nativity set.

Anonymous said...

That almost brings a tear to my eye. The children at my daughters' school in Sumter, SC would sing each day during mass. It sounded like angels.

Then they grew up.

rcg

Templar said...

I am glad that some arrangement can be made for the children but agree that it should not be during the Mass. Like Marc I enjoyed the extra candle altar arrangement. although as we already have the proper number on the high altar why not remove the table altar and face the proper direction. ;)