Translate

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME IS STILL A ROSE!

With all the preoccupation concerning the sexuality of priests these days, this is a group photo of Fr. Justin, our parochial vicar, our deacons and me. I seldom if ever wear an amice, but last night the amice served a very good purpose. We wanted to remain anonymous during the celebration of our Gaudete Sunday Vigil Mass last night as we donned our fancy pink. I suspect we should take this route too when we wear lavender. Do real priests wear pink? Are amices good for anything?

This is not I. But I will wear rose today, but only briefly facing in the direction of this picture. But can you tell the tell tale sign that it's not me? Come to think of it, it would be easier to remain anonymous wearing pink today facing in this direction. What a great idea! These modern liturgists, what will they think up next?

What's wrong with this picture?

2 comments:

Gene said...

What's wrong with the picture? Let's see...oh, oh, I know! It is not "inclusive" enough...there are no statues of laughing Buddhist monks or Hindu gods with too many arms and legs by it, no Menorah, no Muslim stuff, no black Jesus, no American Indian totem poles,no witch stuff, and no generic statue for any other deities we may have missed. Also, there is no one dancing around it singing Kum Ba Ya. Yep, that's it...oh, the wrong candle is lit, too.

Anonymous said...

I think I've seen that picture before. Seems like our family had a laugh with it once before.

rcg