Translate

Sunday, March 26, 2023

I THINK CARDINAL MCELROY IS FULL OF HIMSELF AND IS STUCK AND MIRED IN THE KUMBAYA CHURCH OF I’M OKAY; YOU’RE OKAY OF THE 1970’S—WHATEVER HAPPEN TO SIN WAS ASKED BACK THEN TOO!



Cardinal McElroy likes to hear himself speak and I suspect he likes to write too. You can read his lengthy speech HERE

This is a good speech. He does speak about God in it and that’s a lot more than many of the bureaucrats in the Vatican do where their speeches don’t even mention God.

But, as I read his presentation, I realized that what he describes as his hope for the Church of the future is liberal Protestantism. It already exists there, although dying on the vine due to their liberality.

You can find it as a Buddhist too, as a Hindu, various sects of Judaism, and in no religion at all but an organization that is altruistic. 

I did not read about the scourge of sin and lawlessness in the Church, from the Vatican down to the most humble home or tent of the laity. 

I did not hear about the call to repent and believe the Good News as outlined by the Church for the past 2,000 years.

I did not hear about life without God here on earth and in hell because the sinner loves sin more than God. 

I did not hear about the Bloody Sacrifice of Jesus for the only purpose to save mankind from the gates of hell by the forgiveness of sin through the Blood of Jesus Christ or that Jesus Christ alone is the Way, the Truth and the Life. 

If Cardinal McElroy gets his church, I will become a none as nones don’t have to put up with the sh-t of the McElroy church of holding hands and singing kumbaya. 

1 comment:

Paul said...

I have never till yesterday looked at anything on Twitter.

Yesterday, I checked out Bishop Strickland, of Tyler, Texas, on Twitter.
What amazed me was that on his Twitter account, at least two thirds of Catholics who respond to Bishop Strickland are VERY critical of him and make personal attacks, insults etc against him when he tweets things like the following:

Such prelates as Cardinals Roche and McElroy should reread the New Testament and the writings of Pope Benedict so as to assist them return to the Catholic faith…

Or : Pope Francis’ comments supporting legalised civil unions of gay people is merely an opinion - and an opinion which is dangerous and confusing …

And:

I encourage Catholics to attend the traditional form of the Roman rite as it is heavily permeated with beauty and reverence.

How rare is it for an American Catholic bishop in our era to live in his life the Biblical duty of PARRHESIA -
Ie: to fulfil the obligation to speak the truth for the common good, even at personal risk.