Translate

Sunday, March 5, 2023

I GAVE A STEWARDSHIP RETREAT AT OUR LADY OF HOPE CHURCH IN WASHINGTON, INDIANA!

 I flew from Savannah to Louisville, Kentucky and the rented a car for the two hour drive to Washington. I asked for a midsize car and they gave me a micro go-cart! It was  the smallest car I have driven! I am helping to facilitate a retreat on Catholic Stewardship in Washington, Indiana. I Drove 2 hours through pouring rain, high winds, flash flooding, side road streams made into raging rivers and tornadoes, but by the grace of God I arrived safely! Frost on windshield yesterday morning , which the rental had an ice scraper, which I did not know how to use. The church inside and outside and the conference in their high school gym. I love being retired.

Speaking of the smallest ever, the church has the smallest sacraium everrr!














10 comments:

TJM said...

Welcome to the Free State of Indiana! I actually knew a nun from that parish in Washington, Indiana

Anonymous said...

Father McDonald, prayers for your safe travel home to your condo.

Oh, yes, remember that when you arrive home "safely," an alligator awaits you.

Snap! Snap!

:-)

Pax.

Mark Thomas

Catechist Kev said...

Dang it, Father!

Why didn't you say something about this before the weekend? I would have come over to see you (I live 15 minutes away). I have given Faith Studies over at OLH.

Yes, it was *really* bad weather on Friday.

rcg said...

Indiana and southern Illinois are nice and nice people with the stereotypical small town values. Islands in the Midwest, cut off from much of the rest of American culture. Very pretty church, too.

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

CK small world! I love that part of Indiana! And RCG is right. Waiting in the Atlanta airport for flight to Savannah.

Catechist Kev said...

There's a *lot* of Irish folks in this area of southwest Indiana.

They came from Maryland, then through Bardstown, Ky., and on up here.

We have tombstones in our graveyard (St. John the Evangelist, Loogootee, In.) that have names like Carrico, Doyle, Larkin, O'Malley, etc. - and they say "Born in County so-and-so, Ireland."

TJM said...

rcg,

American “perverted” culture!

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

On the way to the Louisville airport, I drove through Ireland 🇮🇪 ! And they were decked out for St. Patrick’s day and street was festooned with Irish flags.

Catechist Kev said...

And the irony of that, Father, is Ireland, In is 95% German! 😆

Dubois County, the county Ireland is in, has a huge German heritage. Lot of German Catholics. 1/3 of the diocese of Evansville.

(The Lutherans are mostly in the northern part of the county.)

Fr. Michael J. Kavanaugh said...

The sacrarium looks like something originally designed for a dentist's office.