Translate

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

REVISITING SOMETHING NOW WHICH IS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY IMPORTANT! GOD WRITING WITH CROOKED LINES?

 


As you know I have been having separation anxiety because I needed to trade in my 2012 Nissan Murano with 200,000 miles on it for a new car. I was conflicted if I should get a 2022 Murano or downsize to the 2022 Rogue.

I was vacillating between the Murano with it V6 engine and the Rogue with a 3 cylinder turbo charged engine. Of course a 3 cylinder engine was off putting to me no matter how turbo charged! Then I discovered the Rogue has the gas tank access on the wrong side of the car, the passenger side!

But as I departed this morning for the Nissan dealership, I vowed to remain open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and Divine Providence as to which car I would buy and I had my heart on buying it today.

When I got to the dealership, we talked about what I wanted. I said I want to see the Rogue, sit in it and test drive it. Guess what? They had no Rogues in stock!!!!!! That to me was a sign from God that I should not get a Rogue!

So we talked about the Murano, the SL version I wanted. They had only one and it was in the show room and a bronze orange color which I have never liked since it was introduced a few years ago. So I wasn’t about to buy a rusty orange Murano! The salesman said they could look for the white one or even a silver one but could not guarantee getting one in a timely fashion.

Then he exploded the bombshell I did not consider. And here it is! They just received a used 2020 white Murano SL and it only has 8,000 miles on it! I looked at it; I test drove it; and I bought it! I saved about $8,000 over a new 2022 one. I purchased an extended warranty on everything for 100,000 miles to be on the safe side. 

I bought a used Murano! God arranged it for me as a part of His Divine Providence, and not my plan to say the least!

More photos of my new used Murano and the 2022 I refused to buy due to the color (last):




13 comments:

John Nolan said...

It looks like a 5-door hatchback. I thought that these were not popular in the US, drivers preferring a 4-door saloon (sedan) or an estate car (station wagon).

Back in the 1960s an American street scene looked very different from a British or European one. Now all cars look the same. SUVs abound.

TJM said...

Good deal!

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

John there are far more SUVs than sedans now and pick up trucks are a close second and the trucks are monsters.

ByzRus said...

Congratulations, good luck with it and hope you have miles of smiles enjoying it.

Do you bless your own car or, have a friend do it?

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

Good point. I will bless it! I am on vacation this week on Hilton Head thus the move to buy and bless before I go back to Richmond Hill an hour away. I plan to retire on Hilton Head eventually.

rcg said...

You should call it “Ruth”.

Fr. Michael J. Kavanaugh said...

20 MPG 8n city driving. Could be much better. Rogue is 26, still on the abysmal side.

But, then, you'll be living at near sea level on an island, so there's no need to be concerned. . .

Sophia said...

Sophia here: Hooray! I'm very happy for you Father. This indeed has Divine Providence written all over it! Enjoy!

TJM said...

Don't worry, with Biden's gas prices, you will be riding a bike very soon!

And Obama still lives in 2 seaside mansions! LOL

TJM said...

And for the Biden apologists or the suckers buying into the Media's latest meme that the War in the Ukraine is the cause of higher gas prices, here is a little tutorial for you:

https://www.westernjournal.com/blistering-new-report-takes-medias-gas-price-narrative-reveals-81-ways-biden-sent-prices-sky-high/

ByzRus said...

Fr. MJK,

I'm curious why you couldn't just say congratulations and good luck? I'm not attacking you, just curious why sidestep the usual social grace of best wishes?

TJM said...

It would be nice if Fr K were gracious and responded to ByzRus

ByzRus said...

TJM - I'm not worried about getting a response. Fr. MJK is more than intelligent enough to recognize the point I was making.

Separately, Fr. AJM, a few weeks in, how's the car working out for you? Enjoying it / is it fun?