Translate

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

WHAT'S UP WITH THE ALTAR CARDS ON THE ALTAR FOR A NOVOUS ORDO MASS?

 


Some have asked me about the current masthead photo if that is actually a Novous Ordo Mass or the Tridentine version from whence it came?

Yes, those are Tridentine Altar cards. The center one does help me with the Gloria and Credo in Latin as well as with the Qui Pridie as the consecrations begin. 

I do quietly as a private devotion pray the longer Tridentine lavabo. 

And instead of a hymn or a liturgical dance at the end of Mass, I read the Last Gospel as a postlude to the Mass.

As well, as a personal devotional thing, I do pray the Suscipe after I was my hands to allow the servers to get back to their positions in front of the altar. It is like the priest praying privately to himself, "My Lord and My God" at the elevations and whatever private, silent devotional prayers he might say during the Mass. That should be no problem, no?

Also, many of us have seen priests, deacons and others "sign language" the Mass. I do the same thing for the Roman Canon in terms of the various signs of the cross prescribed in the 1962 Roman Canon, but sadly removed in the revised OF Roman Canon.

No comments: