Translate

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

I HAVE A DIOCESE OF CHARLESTON CONNECTION AND AS SUCH THIS IS MY FIRST BLACK BISHOP SINCE I HAVE BEEN A CATHOLIC!

 Oddly enough, I was asked to take Holy Family Church’s 8 am Mass on Monday (my day off) which is on Hilton Head Island in the Diocese of Charleston. Fortunately, I remembered to pray for Robert our bishop, not Stephen my bishop when in the Diocese of Savannah. Little did I know that would be the last time I would pray for Robert our bishop!

From Rocco Palma’s tweet:

Pope’s 2nd US pick in a row for a deeply evocative spot, with today’s Charleston nod, Haitian-born Scalabrinian +Jacques Fabre, 66, becomes the first of the Kreyol diaspora to lead a Stateside diocese; 200 year-old Palmetto fold roughly triple its 2000 size, now w/ 500K members.