Translate

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

I GUESS IMITATION IS THE SINCEREST FORM OF FLATTERY?

 I have to say that I was never a fan of the modern almost movie prop looking tiara that Pope Paul VI used until he sold the farm and gave it away to the USA for display in the National Basilica of the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.

And as a fan of the original Saturday Night Live program in the 1970's, which I watched religiously while in the seminary, I thought that the Conehead props intentionally copied Pope Paul VI's tiara. What do you think?

And yes, I liked that skit and the movie sequel!



2 comments:

TJM said...

LOL! The tiara does resemble the coneheads! Saint John XXIII used a gorgeous tiara.

Joseph Johnson said...

I always thought it looked like the tip of an artillery shell.