Friday, December 7, 2012
LOTS A BOMBSHELLS LATELY, HERE'S ANOTHER, ABSTAIN EVERY FRIDAY AND PRAY THE ROSARY EVERYDAY!
(CNSNews.com) - In a statement featuring newly installed Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone--who leads the San Francisco Archdiocese where House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi lives--the U.S. Catholic bishops announced on Thursday that they are calling on Catholics to pray the rosary every day and to fast and to abstain from eating meat on Fridays as part of a pastoral campaign aimed at preserving religious liberty, the right to life and the institution of marriage in the United States of America.
READ THE ENTIRE STORY HERE!
The bishops are calling on Catholics to do five specific things to advance this campaign for liberty, life and marriage. These include
1. Saying the rosary daily
2. Attending a special Holy Hour on the last Sunday of each month
3. Participating in a Fortnight of Freedom in the summer of 2013
4. Including in every Mass prayers of the faithful for the causes of life, marriage and liberty
5. Fasting and abstaining from meat on Fridays.
I WOULD RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING BOMBSHELL AS THE SIXTH AND SEVENTH SPECIFIC THINGS TO ADVANCE NOT ONLY THIS CAMPAIGN FOR LIBERTY, LIFE AND MARRIAGE, BUT TO STRENGTHEN CATHOLIC FAMILIES AND CATHOLIC YOUTH AND STRENGTHEN CATHOLIC IDENTITY IN GENERAL:
6. In all parishes, one Sunday Mass must be in the Extraordinary Form, not by adding a Mass unless there is only one Mass in that parish, but making one of the regularly scheduled Masses an EF Mass.
7. Celebrate all Ordinary Form Masses with more dignity and in an Extraordinary Form sort of way