Translate

Saturday, April 8, 2023

MUST SEE TV…SEXUAL ABUSE, MURDER, MAHAM AND CHURCH OFFICIALS BOTCHED RESPONSE

Sister Cathy and Father Maskell:


Jane Doe:


As I mentioned in my post below, I have recently read the Attorney Generals’ reports on sexual abuse in the Church for my Diocese of Savannah, the Archdiocese of Atlanta and the Archdiocese of Baltimore. In all of these reports there are priests that I knew or know. 

In the Archdiocese of Baltimore, there is one case that is truly bizarre, amongst really bizarre cases of abuse. It has to do with two priests, both now mercifully dead, who abused girls at Archbishop Keough Girls High School in the late 1960’s to the mid 70’s. I’m 

They are Anthony Maskell and Edward Magnus, priests of the Archdiocese of Baltimore. I did not know these two.

Maskell is tied to the murder of a nun in Baltimore, who taught at Keough, where Maskell was a counselor. It seems to me that he was the ring leader of a sex ring of others, some in law enforcement. Thus the complication of the Church’s scandalous response linked to law enforcement corruption too.  This was a crime syndicate. 

The School Sister of Notre Dame is Sister Catherine Cisnick, SSND, RIP.

I was then reminded in a an article I read on Holy Thursday, that Netflix had done a a mini-series on the murder of Sister Cathy. I have Netflix. The documentary is “The Keepers”.

I am watching it now.

It is must see TV for every bishop, priest, religious, seminarian and lay person. 

Thank God for “Jane Doe” who participated in this documentary. 

If you have Netflix, watch it. It is heart wrenching, but necessary.

The woman profiled in this series graduated from high school the same time as me. I was in Baltimore six years later, from 1976 to ‘80, a year after Maskell was fired from Keough and then transferred to other parishes. 

Listening to the Baltimore accents, seeing Baltimore as it was then, brings mixed emotions. 

Thank God for Jane Doe. 

Thank God for the other women in this documentary…


1 comment:

TJM said...

I recall seeing this. A tragedy on so many levels