Translate

Friday, April 30, 2021

JOHNNY CRAWFORD CHILD STAR OF THE RIFFLEMAN DIED ON APRIL 29TH

 My favorite western of the early 1960's was The Rifleman. It was a half hour show and its two stars, Chuck Connors and Johnny Crawford were great and made it believable. Johnny Crawford was a great child actor and had great acting skills. He died yesterday at age 75 from complications of Alzheimer's. 

It is interesting that there were two shows of this same era whose main star was a widower with a young son, The Rifleman, a western and The Andy Griffith Show, a comedy, with another great child actor, Ronny Howard. 

Ronny Howard is exactly my age and I can say that I grew up with him watching him grow up like me season after season of the Andy Griffith Show

Both TV shows were great morality plays.

 Here's the first episode of The Rifleman. I loved the intro to this show with Chuck Connors shooting his riffle and then starring into the camera! That was great!

1 comment:

Mark Thomas said...

Father McDonald, do you have a favorite Rifleman episode?

I guess that my favorite episode was The Angry Gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F14Silc_paY

That episode highlighted Lucas' bravery, as well as the love between Lucas and Mark.

Pax.

Mark Thomas