Translate

Saturday, February 25, 2023

TRADITIONALISTS, GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR AND GET WITH THE PROGRAM…

 Apart from the pluralism of the nasty way the Modern Roman Missal (MRM) is celebrated, being “like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get”, another dismal situation is the musical selections that are chosen for the MRM and the style and instrumentation of that music. 

A concerted effort must be recovered to bring about a new springtime for the Church as it regards sacred music and the rightful place of it in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

I am certainly speaking about chanting the propers, be it Latin or the vernacular and the criteria to judge what is suitable and good and holy in contemporary music concocted for Mass. What is wrong with some of this needs elucidation. 

So I am grateful for this workshop in North Dakota. Those dioceses with have liturgy offices, sadly mine has not had one since I was its director, I guess I solved all the post-Vatican II problems with the MRM when I left that position in the 90’s, but I digress, should promote good sacred music in the MRM with workshops galore like this one:



No comments: