Translate

Monday, September 13, 2010

DIOCESAN PRIEST RETREAT

I'm departing today (Monday) for our annual Diocesan Priests' retreat. It is held at the Marywood Retreat Center in Jacksonville, Florida. From Macon, that's about a five hour drive if not a bit more. Please pray for all of our priests who are traveling by automobile today and returning on Friday.

I won't have a computer at my beck and call so I won't be posting anything, unless of course I use one at the retreat center. But it is good to retreat from computers and blogs while on retreat. I recommend it highly.

Although I don't have my computer, my Blackberry allows me to post comments on my blog.

PRESS HERE FOR THE MARYWOOD RETREAT CENTER WEBSITE. IT SITS ON THE SAINT JOHN RIVER, WHICH I BELIEVE IS ONE OF ONLY TWO RIVERS IN THE WORLD THAT FLOWS NORTH! CAN YOU NAME THE OTHER?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We pray that you all have an inspiring and fruitful retreat.

anon at 7:44

Anonymous said...

Me, too. I would like to have a retreat, but not with any of my peers. All they would want to do is talk business. Funny, Father, how your business talk refreshes you.

I used to visit the Abbey of Our Lady of the Holy Trinity, but never got to actually retreat there. I would take a day and visit just to be in a peaceful place. It was pretty austere, too. I think I am due for a retreat.

rcg

Anonymous said...

The Nile? But if you look under "Rivers," then "Direction" on Wikipedia, it's not that simple. Isn't that true of just about everything?

Christian2 said...

Prayers for you Father and all our priests! Godspeed!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE talking about business with my peers. I was fantasizing about having a retreat with my peers and talking abut business ad infinitum. I would find that so very re-energizing! Of course, if all my peers were Cathoic, that would be awesome!
Hmm..perhaps I could create a retreat of only those peers who ARE Cathoic and we could talk about both business and Catholicism!
When one does what one loves it's great! I pray that means I'm doing God's will for me!
anon at 7:44

Michelle said...

An even greater challenge is going on a silent retreat with your peers! If it is a woman's retreat: they all want to catch up on the latest gossip, the latest fashion, or the latest baby trend. If it is an all men's retreat, then they all want to talk about sports, the latest technological gadget, and the market. Such a challenge!

Anonymous said...

SHUT OFF THE BLACKBERRY

Mike said...

A reletively minor river, not too far from a northern state, I'm trying to remember its name, flows north.  The river's name is the Mackenzie River. Dog gon it someone will think of the name of the state.

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Ok, time to come home now Father. We miss you!