Translate

Saturday, June 17, 2023

THE BENEFITS OF BEING BI-DIOCESAN AND PRIDEFULLY SO…

 If your actual diocese forgets you on Father’s Day, you can count on your adopted diocese not to! 

And an ad orientem priest to boot! It doesn’t get any better than that!



Although I remain a priest of the Diocese of Savannah, I now have “faculties “ for the Diocese of Charleston as I now reside in South Carolina. Faculties allow me to celebrate any of the Sacraments in South Carolina on a general basis. I received this in the mail this Saturday from my diocese of adoption. Nothing from my own diocese yet…🥲🙁🤬

5 comments:

Sophia said...

Sophia Here: I like that very sweet photo of you and your Dad -may his soul RIP. That is such such an encouraging, loving prayer and such wonderful spiritual gifts from your South Carolina Diocesan Chancery Staff. Thank you for sharing both! Our priests are definitely in need of this kind of support and appreciation especially during these turbulent times in Holy Mother Church and the culture!
Let us all make known to our priests how much we appreciate all they do to care for our spiritual needs. I shall be doing this beginning with you, Father Mc Donald and all the priests who contribute to this blog or who only read it. Happy Father's Day, thank you and may God continue to bless your ministry!

Anonymous said...

I offer Father Kevin Scallon's, C.M. (requiescat in pace) for Father's McDonald, Kavanaugh, and Fox.

Peace be with each of you.

Deo gratias for your service to Holy Mother Church.

Pax.

Mark Thomas

Anonymous said...

That is, I offer that prayer for Father's McDonald, Kavanaugh, and Fox.

Thank you.

Pax.

Mark Thomas

Anonymous said...

Father McDonald, that is a great photograph of you and your father.

Your Father (requiescat in pace...same in regard to your wonderful mother) raised a holy, and great man, in you.

Do you have memories of the puppy in the photograph?

Thank you.

Pax.

Mark Thomas

Anonymous said...

Do you have memories of the puppy in the photograph?

I guess that you were too young to remember.

Anyway, Father McDonald, thank you for that wonderful photograph of you, and your father.

Pax.

Mark Thomas