Translate

Sunday, June 25, 2023

IT WAS THE LAST SUNDAY OF JUNE WHEN I HAD MY LAST MASS AT PASTOR OF SAINT ANNE—NO RETIREMENT PARTY, JUST A FAREWELL RECEPTION FOR MY PAROCHIAL VICAR AND ME

 What a surprise, though, when Bishop Stephen Parkes showed up toward the end of Mass. In fact I did not know he was there. I had purified the chalice and sat down only to have him come up to the chair, which really startled me, and he said a few words about my (at that time) 42 years of priestly ministry in the Diocese of Savannah.

Here are a few photos of the Bishop and my final Mass as pastor and then the Mass I celebrated for the 12th Sunday of the. Year at St. Anne’s 10:30 AM High Mass. But today, I was a mere senior priest.

Then:




























3 comments:

rcg said...

What an honor for your bishop to speak as he did. You deserve it.

Sophia said...

Sophia here: Thanks for sharing these lovely photos, Father which capture such a precious memory on the one hand and on the other, how graciously you have settled into your new role of "elder Statesman"/Senior Pastor!

TJM said...

Your bishop needs to purge the Diocese of fake Catholic priests who vote for the Party of Moloch - otherwise he is part of the problem, not the solution!