Translate

Sunday, April 24, 2022

IS IT JOHN RUTTER'S REQUIEM OR REQUIEM BY JOHN RUTTER? I REPORT; YOU DECIDE...

UPDATE: BRIEF VIDEO CLIP OF SAVANNAH PHILHARMONIC REHEARSAL AT SAINT ANNE’S  HERE…

John Rutter who composed his Requiem is still living. So, it is a bit indelicate to describe tonight's Requiem at Saint Anne Catholic Church in Richmond Hill, (Savannah is our suburb) as John Rutter's Requiem as John Rutter is still  living! 

The Savannah Philharmonic made a poster describing it as John Rutter's Requiem, but it isn't; it is a Requiem by John Rutter. I wonder if they did not realize this or thought it funny? What say you?  

Three years ago, John Rutter directed his own Requiem at the Basilica of the Holy Cross in Florence, Italy. But did he really conduct his own Requiem? What say you?

2 comments:

rcg said...

I think J. Nolan was just a little in front of us American’s first coffee of the day with his homo(u)r. For all we know Mr. Rutter has dug his own grave and visits it weekly to recite his own epitaph.

ByzRus said...

rcg -

I'm afraid your reference in sentence one is unfamiliar to me. Honestly, I've never seen that written before and I thought I've heard it all. My sense, however, is this might not be the nicest thing to say to/about someone. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.