Translate

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

IT MUST BE HARD FOR A CELEBRITY IN TODAY'S HOLLYWOOD TO BE AN ACTIVE, PRACTICING ROMAN CATHOLICS


Here is an excerpt from a longer article on Gary Sinise and his wife's conversion to Catholicism from Catholic News Service. You can read the full article HERE.

CNS

For the next year, his wife was in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults program. "We started going to Mass," Sinise said. "My wife was confirmed in Easter 2000. ... The following year that little church became a sanctuary, a place of great comfort" following the 9/11 terror attacks in 2001.

Oh, and "our kids started attending the school there," he added.

 

Sinise himself joined the church in 2010.

 

"I surprised my family. I'd gone through the confirmation classes and whatnot myself behind everybody's back and I didn't tell anybody that I was doing it," he said.

 

"On Christmas Eve 2010 I told the family I was taking them to dinner at Morton's Steakhouse and have Christmas Eve dinner," he said. "And on the way there, I pulled into the church, and everybody asked, 'What are we doing here?' I said come on in. We walked into the church. The priest was there, and he confirmed me. It was beautiful."

3 comments:

TJM said...

Thanks for sharing this. Not all celebrities are left-wing loonies

rcg said...

He is a genuinely nice person and very humble. My family have bumped into him at various times just out and about. He acts like a regular person.

Anonymous said...

A truly great story about a truly great guy! Thanks, Father.