Translate

Friday, February 22, 2019

MY NEIGHBORS IN MY BACK YARD, AND BY THEIR COLOR, NOT ORANGE, THESE ARE NATIVES NOT ALIENS FROM PLUTO!


I am on a week long vacation, alone not with others, just to silence any gossip. Although a priest friend was to join me, and no we are not clandestine in any way, not to disappoint the voyeurs out there, but he couldn’t join me because his brother is in critical condition in Pensacola. Prayers for him please.

I tooK these photos yesterday in my back yard. They are my buddies:



6 comments:

Carol H. said...

Father, enjoy your vacation, but please be careful!

rcg said...

They look like they are expecting something. There may be a tradition of renters feeding the beasts. If they eat chicken you throw them a friar.

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

That thing looked fake as he is completely still. But he was looking at me like I was a piece of chicken! Yes, tourist feed them which is illegal. I fear that children will approach it or the other way around. You have to be very observant here about these guys. But they are quite fascinating!

Fr. Michael J. Kavanaugh said...

Years ago a friend was visiting from Connecticut. We were one the terreplein at Ft. Pulaski and saw, on the stone slabs that edge the moat, a large 'gator. My friend said, "Oh, that's a fake they put out for tourists." I told him it was real, but he would not believe me.

We walked down the steps, out the gate, over the drawbridge, and came to within about 20 yards of the thing when, just to keep an eye on us, it lifted its head about 8 inches off the ground.

He became a believer.

Anonymous said...

Doubtless when Northerners move to the southeast coast, anywhere basically south of Hampton Roads, they complain about gators and water moccasins in the back yard, creatures which are not found say in New England. How did they get here? Who will remove them? I guess somehow they all co-exist at places such as Hilton Head and St. Simons...

rcg said...

FrK, LOL!! I had a similar experience with some yankee cousins who came to visit when I was young.