Translate

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

CHRIS PRATT SOUNDS A LOT LIKE GOV. CUOMO


What  do you think about this celebrity who witnesses to his faith publicly, defending himself from another celebrity preacher who castigated him for belonging to an "anti-LGBTQ" mega church. And what would this preaching celebrity and her Magisterium say about the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church? How well would a celebrity who belongs to the SSPX branch of the Catholic Church do as a celebrity?

Celebrities and their dogmatic Magisteriums are soooooo important for building our culture. Certainly we must bow in humble obedience and deference!

This is Chris Pratt's response. I am not so sure Catholics should respond the same way, but I could be wrong since I am not infallible like celebrities are!

“I go to a church that opens their doors to absolutely everyone,” Pratt wrote on an Instagram story Monday.


While the church’s official stance on LGBTQ issues is unclear, Pratt added that, though his faith is important, “no church defines me or my life, and I am not a spokesman for any church or any group of people.”


“My values define who I am,” he said. “We need less hate in this world, not more. I am a man who believes that everyone is entitled to love who they want, free from the judgment of their fellow man.”

6 comments:

TJM said...

Sounds like his "Church" opened the doors to Satan. "All are welcome"

rcg said...

TJM, I am surprised at you. You must not be on Marty Haugen’s Christmas card list.

Actually this shows how difficult it is for a nominal Christian of any stripe to defend his faith. We as Catholics should certainly do better. I feel sorry for him. Can you imagine what he is putting up with in his work? Then imagine the person who isn’t a super star. Pray for these folks.

qwikness said...

I think what defines him is how much money he makes. He's trying to save his career.

TJM said...

rcg,

LOL - no, Marty doesn't send me cards.

We even have priests an bishops who are nominal Christians worrying what the New York Slimes will think of them!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, same old stuff---whenever traditional Christian views are defended, those holding them are said to "hate." Well yes, we do hate---that is, we hate sin. I mean, why shouldn't we?

TJM said...

What's the old saying we said in those "benighted days" before Vatican Disaster II? "Love the sinner, but hate the sin?" Now it's "Love the Sin, there is no sinner!"