Translate

Thursday, July 26, 2018

AS I AM ON VACATION I HAVE LOST TRACK OF DAYS OF THE WEEK AS WELL AS THE DATE OF THE DAY

This past Monday, July 23 would have been my father's 108th birthday. This of course means if the answer is, "He died on December 25, 1987," the question is, "What day did my father die?"

Of course if you do the math, my dad was born on July 23, 1910.

Happy 108th daddy! I doubt that this Canadian from a small family farm in Judique, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia ever thought that he would go to war for the USA, end up in Italy, marry an Italian women and have three crazy Italian children to match his wife. Nor did he ever think he would die in Augusta, Georgia and be buried there.

Life has its twists and turns to say the least!








And this Ariel view from the bomb's chamber of an American fighter plane shows my mother's apartment building in Livorno, Italy taking a direct hit. During air raids, residents were asked to go to the building's basement for shelter. Everyone in the basement was killed and the apartment building imploded into the basement. Since I am posting this, I can tell you my mom and her parents and other siblings were not home that day but in a suburb of Livorno, Ardenza!



1 comment:

rcg said...

Very interesting. Happy birthday Mr McDonald. He was almost eactly one year older than my granddad.