Translate

Friday, February 16, 2024

I CONFESS THAT I DIDN’T THINK THE CHURCH IN 1953 WOULD STILL LOOK THE SAME IN 2024!

 Église Saint-Zéphirin-de-Stadacona 1400, avenue François 1, in Limoilou, is the Quebec parish Church used in Alfred Hitchcock’s 1953 movie, “I Confess”.  

As I am watching it as I post this, I wondered how the church, if still functioning, would look like today.

I was happy to discover that the FSSP staffs this parish and celebrates the TLM liturgies there. Thus, it has maintained its traditional character to this day.

The first picture is as it is today, the next two are from the 1953 movie staring Montgomery Cliff as the priest falsely accused of murder. He hears the confession of the actual murderer who works in the rectory with his wife who is the housekeeper. It’s a great movie!




2 comments:

TJM said...

Thank God this Church is in Catholic hands!

Luke said...

Slight typographical error: Montgomery Clift.