Translate

Thursday, October 8, 2020

DID YOUR PARISH HAVE SOLEMN EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT, SOLEMN RECITATION OF THE MOST HOLY ROSARY OF OUR BLESSED MOTHER AND SOLEMN BENEDICTION OF THE MOST BLESSED SACRAMENT FOR THE FEAST OF OUR LADY OF THE MOST HOLY ROSARY? JUST ASKING

 Each year, since I can remember, I have had Solemn Recitation of the Most Holy Rosary of our Blessed Mother on the Wednesday closest to October 7th. Praised be Jesus Christ, that Wednesday this year in the most awesome year of 2020 was October 7th. 

Each year I have celebrated this, I ask our second graders preparing for First Penance and Holy Communion and our 8th graders preparing for Confirmation to be present for a special blessing. The second graders bring flowers fairest to our Blessed Mother. 

Of course, it was within the context of Solemn Exposition and Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament:







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you find time to blog?

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

I am having a problem with blogger. I typed a text to this post and when I published it there is no text, just title and photos. In fact all my texts are missing on all posts. Hope it is a blogger problem and not something I inadvertently did. Blogger has revamped its platform for publishing. Do you see a text?

ByzRus said...

Fr. AJM,

No text, just a blank space where text would appear. It's like Blogger understands that something should be there - it is just not visible. Maybe check and make sure you haven't somehow selected white as your font color.

Separately, my former Roman parish (I'm still loosely connected) just had their 40 Hours Devotion with solemn vespers and candlelit outdoor procession (albeit greatly scaled back considering COVID/COVID precautions) for their closing. Non-COVID, it is one of the largest, if not the largest closing in the Archdiocese generally having over 600 participants.

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

I finally figured it out! I was trying to change the color of the blog description at the top of the page and I accidentally did the text of the blog white instead of black. It took me all morning to figure that out!!!!!