Usually what art critics like, I don’t. My tastes in art is a gut sort of thing or maybe intuitive. I know what I like and what I don’t regardless of what the experts think.
Around 2010 I acquired the Latin Edition of the 2002 Roman Missal—the “reform of the reform” Bugnini Mass approved by Saint Pope John Paul II.
The art used in the missal looked childish to me, maybe from an art contest of high school art students. And the Vatican chose the winner.
Only today, when I was looking at Fr. Z’s blog, did I realize that it is Rupnick art! Lord have mercy on his soul!
This is what I read at Fr. Z’s blog and no, I didn’t know until now!:
And did you know that the current, official, 2002 3rd editio typica of the Novus Ordo Missale Romanum contains throughout artwork by Rupnik?
What a mess artistically and financially for the Church as decisions are made to hide or remove these expensive works of art.
Is it best just to cover them and in 100 years uncover them again? What if we had direct evidence that Michelangelo and Davinci had similar or worse immoral backgrounds, should their art be hidden or removed?




1 comment:
His "art" is puerile.
Post a Comment