Translate

Monday, April 15, 2024

SILLY ME, I THOUGHT IT WAS THE THIRD SUNDAY AFTER EASTER

 



I celebrated Savannah’s 1 PM TLM on Sunday. By the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, I realized early Sunday morning that I had prepared a homily for the 3rd Sunday after Easter. In fact, I should have prepared a homily for the Second Sunday after Easter.

I had forgotten in my old age that in the Ancient Rite, the Octave of Easter including the two Sundays in that octave are just one day, Easter Sunday. Thus the Sunday after the entire Octave of Easter is considered the Second Sunday after that Octave, after Easter Sunday which has eight days and two Sundays.

I revised my homily for the 2nd Sunday after Easter, aka, Good Shepherd Sunday in the Ancient Rite!

And the ancient calander is theologically accurate compared to how wrong the modern Catholic calendar got it. Sad.







1 comment:

Bob said...

I believe it is a 2nd Sunday AFTER Easter contra 3rd Sunday OF Easter sorta thing, so a 3rd Sunday after Easter homily would have been a boner in either Mass type.