Translate

Friday, July 14, 2023

BLESSEDNESS IN THE DIOCESE OF TORTONO

 Bishop Guido Marini seems quite happy/blessed in his Diocese of Tortono. I don’t know what church this is, but it looks ancient and so Italian, like me. 

The Mass is the modern Mass but done in a way that doesn’t conflict with the ancient church and altar. 

I prefer a modest gothic chasuable to the Roman style. The one Bishop Marini wears is a nice blend between modern and classic in its gothic design. I am not a fan of frilly lacy surplices and albs, but he gets away with it quite nicely. 








5 comments:

rcg said...

Canada is fascinating wrt Catholic practice because there is a long and deep tradition of beautiful structures and reverence that is battling with ultra progressive forces allied with antiChristian groups. The conflict is noticeable and recently more heated, but doesn’t seem to have the enthalpy we see in Europe and the USA. I get to travel over the north shore to Ontario and further east to Québec to play with traditional Canadian fiddlers and always search for traditional Masses. They are not difficult to find and are well supported.

TJM said...

The Roche will be grieved

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

RCG, I like what you wrote, but Tortono is far from Toronto. One is in northern Italy and the other in Canada! :)

TJM said...

Catholicism collapsed in Canada long ago and the TLM folks are the only real Catholics left there

rcg said...

I got flamed by a priest! I am so proud. 😂😂😂