Translate

Saturday, December 9, 2023

THE DOGMA OF THE 1970’S: LOVE IS NEVER HAVING TO SAY YOU’RE SORRY! WOW! THAT’S A WHOPPER OF A LOVE STORY!

 Ryan O’Neill and Ali McGraw from “Love Story” and “Never Having to Say You’re Sorry”.


Eternal rest grant unto Ryan O’Neil…I saw “Love Story” at the theater when it first came out in the early 1970’s, and with a girlfriend. O my! I just hope that Ryan when he met Jesus for his particular judgement didn’t say to him “Lord, love is never having to say you’re sorry!” UGH! RIP!

5 comments:

rcg said...

I didn’t see this film although I seem to recall a friend of mine being distressed at a scene where (spoiler alert!) the dying female lead expresses a disbelief in the afterlife because this existence with Ryan O’Neil’s character was so wonderful nothing could exceed it. Perhaps Francesca and Paolo discussed that error with her.

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

The movie dripped with shallow 1970’s sentimentality which gushed forth like a fountain of slushies!

rcg said...

EXCESS METAPHOR ALERT 😂😂😂

Jerome Merwick said...

This was one of those movies that I remember depressing me. While any love story is nice to some degree, everything in it from her foul mouth, rejection of religion and all the other loud reminders of moral relativism just crushed my youthful idealism by reminding me at that time that I was living in a world that was losing its collective mind.

Joseph Johnson said...

Paper Moon is a favorite of mine. I love the cars, music and the depiction of small-town America in the mid-1930’s.