I worked at the Dairy Queen/Brazier in Augusta, GA from the time I was 14 until about 20. Danny and Angie Danilovich worked there with me when we all were teenagers in the late 1960’s or very early 1970’s. They fell in love there and married as 18/19 year olds. Both were and are Catholics and their marriage has withstood the test of time even for teenage marriages. Angie was visiting Hilton Head and was at the Mass I celebrated for the Vigil of the 24th Sunday of Time.
These both are ChatGPT manipulation of another photo and yes, we all wore white at the Dairy Queen…


6 comments:
I love Dairy Queen! Maybe you are so grounded in reality because of a life experience like this. You have aged nicely as have your friends!
In regard to the lovely lady who occupies the middle of each photo:
Angie is a rose between two thorns.
Sorry, Father McDonald, I couldn't resist.
:-)
Pax.
Mark Thomas
I miss being able to get cherry milkshakes (with the chopped maraschino cherries in the bottom) at Dairy Queen. They dropped the chopped cherries a few years ago.
I made those and all kinds of milkshakes served with a spoon. Back then there were no Blizzards.
We made our own Dilly Bars and icecream sandwiches. We had Mr. Misty’s. Peanut butter parfaits and old fashioned sodas. You could get ice cream floats and a Mr. Misty with ice cream!
I still like Dairy Queen! And congratulations on lives well lived.
Post a Comment