Am I the only one when he reads Vatican News’ articles on synodality scratches his head and wonders what the hell are they talking about? These articles and those who are quoted have to be the most vapid people in all of Catholicism. It’s shocking, alarming and downright dispiriting!
EWTN News hasn’t taken over Vatican News yet, but let us pray that when it does, through its COO, Ms. Maria Montserrat Alvarado, the soon to be new Prefect of the Vatican’s Discastery for Communication, effective November 1st, I predict we will see less nothing burgers and word salads from Vatican News! Do I hear an “AMEN!?”
Press titles for nothing burgers and word salads, à la Kamala Harris, on syndality:


14 comments:
Do you think it is just an excuse to wear a white cassock ?
No, no AMEN. Instead I offer a correction. Yous say, "I predict we will see less nothing burgers and word salads from Vatican News!"
The sentence should be, "I predict we will see FEWER nothing burgers and word salads from Vatican News!"
"Fewer" is used for things that can be counted. "There were fewer people at mass yesterday" instead of "There were less people at mass yesterday."
"Less" is used for things that can't be counted. "There was less water in the ditch after the country cleaned it" instead of "There was fewer water in the ditch after the county cleaned it."
K when are you going to become fluent in Latin, the language of Holy Mother the Church? Veterum Sapientia
TJM - When becoming fluent in Latin is beneficial to the people of God I serve or necessary for carrying out that service, I'll become fluent.
At present I could, easily, "read" the mass as Good Father ALLAN McDonald does. After all, it doesn't take any exceptional aptitude to learn standard Latin pronunciation.
A note regarding Latin that I think I have posted here before. Our seminary rector, a very intelligent man, PhD from Columbia University, was educated in the "Olde Style." Moral and Sacramental theology were taught in Latin with textbooks in Latin. We asked him once how he and his classmates accomplished this. He chuckled and went to his bookshelf, returning with the moral theology textbook they had used. Somewhere along the way, the ENTIRE BOOK had been translated into English, and that translation was written in pencil between the lines of Latin text.
So much for being fluent in Latin...
See George Orwell, "Politics and the English Language." This quote is well illustrated!
" As soon as certain topics are raised, the concrete melts into the abstract and no one seems able to think of turns of speech that are not hackneyed: Prose consists less and less of words chosen for the sake of their meaning, and more and more of phrases tacked together like the sections of a prefabricated henhouse."
K, so you are defying St. John XXIII's Veterum Sapientia and the mandate of Vatican II to preserve the Latin Mass! Well, it appears the young are attracted to the Latin Liturgy, so if you want to be with it, learn Latin! Or is your target audience the double-knit dinosaurs residing in nursing homes?
TJM - For you "Being Obedient" is Job One. Doesn't matter the outcome, doesn't matter the circumstances. Remember those German soldiers whose defense was "I was just obeying orders"?
Only here do I get to see a priest allegedly in good standing conflating St. John XXIII directing the use of Latin in the Church with Nazi war crimes. I’m not surprised, but it’s still funny.
Nick
K is a good little foot soldier for the Party of Intrinsic Evil, classic projection
Nick - There's nothing alleged about my good standing. If you have evidence that I am not, post it.
Fr. McDonald, you know the facts and this sort of calumny should not be posted.
Sorry, Ol'Nik, I conflated nothing. The comparison is between the OBEDIEBCE of the German soldiers and the OBEDIENCE TJM is demanding.
It’s hyperbolic, don’t make too much of it. But Latin and Naxi war crimes?
Oh good, you finally admitted a comparison. It was an offensive and asinine one, sure, but in the past you’ve repeatedly denied making comparisons when you obviously were. I think that counts as progress. I guess it’s true, the quickest way to reach a correct conclusion is to say something incorrect.
And Padre, I don’t know you from Adam. I guess I should’ve more precisely said whoever is commenting as “Fr. Michael J. Kavanaugh” is allegedly a priest in good standing. Is it calumny to suspect that you aren’t who you say you are in a digital profile?
As far as proof? Only your comments on this blog. Based on which I’d be opposed to you being my parish’s facilities manager. It’s your own words that accuse you more than I ever could or did. Even basic non-assholery of not referring to me with another name for the Devil has been impossible for you these many years, let alone some of the other ridiculous, rude, or provably-false things you’ve commented.
Calumny? Give me a break.
Nick
Nick, that was an epic takedown, a tour de force! Bravo!
Ol' Nick - If you really doubted my identity - you don' t - but if you really doubted my identity there's a really quick and easy solution. Ask Good Fr. ALLAN McDonald.
No, I didn't compare devotees of the Latin mass to Nazis. I was talking about blind obedience. I might have used the example of Peter "Leave the gun. Take the canoli." Clemenza who killed on the orders of Don Corleone. Would I then be comparing Latin devotees to Mafioso? No. Or I could have used the example of W. D. Jones who killed on orders from Bonnie and Clyde. Would I be comparing the TLM devotees to murderous gang members? No.
And by the way, your descent to vulgarity reveals the weakness of your argument. Rather than speaking to the point, you retreat to ad hominem attacks.
Post a Comment